Update...I hurt my knee playing basketball at the end of July. I found out it was only a partially torn ACL. So I rested it, rehabbed it, and was back in action a few weeks later. The afternoon before I went back to school, I am a p.e. teacher, I was riding my bike down a hill, my tire exploded and I flew off. Landed on my bad knee and left elbow. Went to the Dr. the next day and found out I fractured my radial head (elbow). My knee was sore and bruised but I thought it was going to be ok. However 2 weeks later it still wouldn't straighten. I went for an mri and found out that I had completely tore my ACL as well as my medial meniscus. So I went to Dr. Curl, the Baltimore Raven's Dr. (u know she has to know what she is doing) and scheduled surgery for Oct. 7th. Three days post surgery I am doing ok, they fixed everything but I am still in a lot of pain. I have a long way to go though with P.T. exercises, etc.
Half Marathon.....my #1 boy is running in his first half marathon tomorrow in Baltimore. He completed his first Sprint Triathlon a month ago with his two friends and I was there to take pictures and cheer them on. But.....since I live by myself I couldn't go home after surgery. I am at my parents in western md, about an hour and a half from bmore, so my family can take care of me. So I won't be able to cheer #1 on tom. I know he will do great and I wish him LOTS of LUCK. The coolest thing is that since they wear ankle bracelets that track their run time I can get on the computer, type his name in and follow his progress.
Yea!!! Good Luck Baby! :)
15 years ago

1 comment:
Sorry for the delay in leaving you this note, but apparently my Google Reader wasn't updating your blog feed! I hope recovery is going well and that you're back up and at it again!
Post a Comment